July 7, 2009

When She is Born

Updates for when I'm in labor, etc will come through e-mail, aside from the intial call to the parents, they can probably expect the same thing (they will get a call again after she's here) So with that said if I don't have your e-mail address and you want the updates...get it to me ASAP! Just send me a message to: mmeherne@gmail.com
Don't think if Jason has it I do too. If you receive the mass e-mails i send on occasion then you are already good to go :)

Just so people know how things will work. When she is born it will be just Jason and I in the room with the doc, etc. After we've tried our first breastfeeding session (since they say to do it within the first two hours) then we will start letting people in to visit but it will only be immediate family and friends. This can change obviously based on how the baby is doing, how I feel, etc. But that is the plan. If you want to visit while we are in the hospital please call first to see how we are doing. I know if I end up going with a c-section I probably won't want visitors until a few weeks after the fact, etc. The hope is for a vaginal delivery and so the recovery is much quicker. Also whenever I try to fed I would like it to be just Jason and I, there is alot to learn and I don't want an audience of any kind. I'm hoping to become an expert at it quickly, but I know it's not always be the case.

Most visitors we prefer to wait until after we are home and settled a little. Anyone is welcome once we are home. Call first our home number to set up a visit or e-mail. Please be patient with us since we will be learning how to nurse and getting used to whatever schedule Emilie wants to put us on, etc. Also I can add the disclaimer right now to forgive whatever state the apartment is in. Cleaning will not be our first priority.

Once home I will probably move back to blogging about how things are going. Just the e-mail will be easier while in the hospital, but it will all eventually end up on the blog :)

With all this said I do hope we have atleast another week, but after that I will start sending her daily eviction notices ;)

And just for fun this is my ideal birth plan:

I don't want to be induced if I can help it, however I also don't want to carry over. So if my cervix isn't doing anything I will be looking into being induced after 39 weeks.

I want to labor at home for a little while. (Jason disagrees with this) So that means I want my contractions to come before my water breaks :)

When we get the hospital I want the freedom to walk around the room or the halls. Also to shower, use the tub, etc. I would LOVE to use the tub since I've had such a urge to swim as of recent I think soaking would feel great!

I'm hoping that I dilate quickly. I did it seemed with Kaitlin.

I'm hoping for NO back labor! If I do get it, Jason's job will be to rub my back.

Tom doesn't know this yet, but he's always our back up guy :) So if during labor Jason needs anything like food...he will probably get a call. Since it lasted days with Kaitlin I know it can do the same again :\

There really is no reason for anyone to visit while i'm labor. Since I can't really be to social once it gets going, etc. At the beginning perhaps, but I plan on being home for most of that part :)

Hoping for a quick delivery. I remember how I got Kaitlin out so i'm hoping I can do the same for this one. I really would rather not push for hours like some do. I don't want an assited delivery either.

The doc explained that after she gets here she will put her on my tummy and as long as nothing is wrong then she stays there until I'm ready to give her up :) It will be during this time we can try to nurse, etc. Which I learned an interesting fact. In the first few hours of being born a newborn actually has the capability of crawling to a breast to find a nipple. After this time that goes away. Isn't that interesting?

Then we will be all happy and crying :) So thats my plan. Lets see how far off course it goes! ;)

No comments: