July 16, 2009

38 Week Appointment

So my cervix which we thought was incompetent has proven itself to be very competent, lol. No changes :\ Well she did say that it's a little softer. I haven't really had any kind of contractions so it's looking like things are taking a very SLOW pace this time around. Needless to say I'm more than ready for her to be here :) Not because I'm tired of being pregnant (much) more because I just want her here! I want to snuggle her, feed her, bathe her, play with her, and even change her diapers :) But I can't do any of that until my body is ready to evict her and it seems its not done holding on to her yet. I guess I can't blame it, she's a pretty good tenant ;)

We did have an ultrasound, where we got more 3ds as you can see ;) Plus at the end there is one of her fingers AND toes :) So cute!
She weighs about 6lbs 8oz. Which I'm hoping it accurate. No 10lbers for me mom ;) ! I'm guessing she will be a little over 7lbs when born if that weight is indeed correct :) Fluid and placenta all look good. She was practing breathing at a good rate so they are very pleased with that.

She ofcourse had a very good NST.


Now for the bigger news :) I had mentioned last appointment about induction, which I've been on the fence about it, but at the same time I'm ready to help move this along as well. My doc told me she doesn't let anyone go past 41 weeks and that we can do an elective induction as early as 39 weeks. I didn't want to be going in for an induction too soon, but then I also would rather not HAVE to go in for one due to medical reasons later so we set a date :) If the baby doesn't come on her own by my due date then July 30th we are going into the hospital for induction. Which if my cervix does do something by then it will make the process much smoother :) So here is to hoping things start moving some on thier own!



The other big news is that I wanted to do it based on my docs on call time since I wanted HER to deliver Emilie and she said not to worry about it, that she was going to be there :) YAY!! That makes me very excited. There are so many people at that hospital that are rooting for us and following this pregnancy I'm sure we are going to have LOTS of visitors :) As I was told last night at my meeting, our little family is known VERY well there :) So I'm sure we will be well taken care of :)

No comments: