July 9, 2009

Stitched Things

So as I was looking threw my pics I noticed a picture that definitely is long over due in need of being put in the blog! I know I just got it 5 days ago but when someone puts THIS much work into something it should have went up much sooner. Sorry Mom! Although I did hear that pretty much everyone on my side has already seen it, lol :)

Mom made another hand cross stitched blanket for Emilie. Kaitlin's is hanging in the nursery. I picked the pattern out, which I found out mom didn't like it. I love the angel though. The yellow has already grown on me so I can't imagine this blanket any other way :) I still am amazed at the patience she has and still don't know if I can allow Emilie to ever use this blanket out side of a photo shoot. But we will see...

I mean seriously check out this detail:

No I mean REALLY look at the detail!
The whole thing is made of tiny x's...in different colors! NO way do I have the patience, same reason I will probably never knit again...

And now for my pathetic attempt at using a MACHINE to put colorful thread on white fabric :)

Not sure why machines and I don't get along :\ I broke THREE needles already in two days! And the weird thing is that it will do almost the WHOLE thing and then snap. My tension is right according to the video I watched and it's not caught on anything, etc. It doesn't make any weird noise before doing it either, it's like the timing goes off and then WHAM broken. Two broke during the butterfly thing. I wonder if that pattern is messed up for some reason. It would do about 80% of it with no problem and then snap it's needle. Also like in the square going around the v1.0 shirt it just decides to miss spaces a times :\ I even used two sheets of that backing stuff. Since it said you could use up to three and I know my fabric was thin.

No comments: