July 15, 2009

38 Weeks!

Weight = 6 1/2 lbs
Height = 19-20 inches

Fetal development that is occurring around week 38 of pregnancy may include the following:
  • Your baby will be growing an ounce a day
  • Your baby's intestines continue to accumulate meconium (baby's first bowel movement)
  • The circumference of the head and the abdomen are about the same size
  • The labia are completely developed (for girls).
Your baby might just scratch herself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now. Resist painting them hot pink when she arrives.

Baby's lungs continue to mature and her brain and nerve function are working better every day. The latter two will continue to mature until Junior is a teenager, at which point she'll know it all (or at least she'll think she does).

Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)




On another note. I think that the baby has dropped some or entirely. I feel pressure on my cervical area whenever I'm on my feet now for even short periods of time and I'm getting ALOT of twinges and pulling down there so I'm hoping it's my cervix dilating through the scar tissue. With all that said I also think I might have had a contraction last night. I'm pretty sure it was due to an overly full bladder. But I wo

No comments: