June 20, 2009

Tour of the Nursery....



Welcome to Emilie's Room :)
Of course this won't be her real room until she's older, since she will be sleeping in Mommy and Daddy's room for the first few months in a bassinet.

(remember you can click on the pictures to make them bigger)





This is the far wall of the room. You can see it starts with the changing station. Which won't work for too long since I'm sure she is bound quickly out grow it. But it should get daddy comfy with changing diapers. We already have a little stash of preemie and newborn sized diapers. It was recommended to me to have a few preemie sized on hand since they tend to fit a tinier newborn better than newborns. of course the other essential things, a place to throw the dirty diapers, a "hamper" and a basket of wipes and lotions.

The clothes in the dresser are arranged by size. Newborn and 0-3 months are in the top drawer. Then all her dresses and special outfits are hung up. In the bins below there are sleep gowns, receiving blankets, sleep sacks, hats and socks. There also are bottles and teething rings stored on one of those shelves. The lowest shelf has toys. They are more for when she is older (crawling or walking) They are my buys from when I was working at the daycare center, things that I got for the different themes etc. Continuing along that wall is another set of shelves where you will find all sorts of blankets, books, and up top all the nursing things like a pump. Her bath tub is under the shelves on the floor. In one of the diaper bags there are all of Kaitlin's things and stuff for her memorial that I will put out next year.

This the wall across the room from the door. It has my toy box from when I was little (the bassinet is on it) which it also has toys in it along with stuffed animals and misc other baby things. The stroller won't be in the kiddos room forever. It's just there to keep is nice, it will eventually make it's home in the trunk of my car or the garage. I didn't want it smelling all yucky from sitting in the garage for a year so we kept it in the apt. The drawer tote thingy and blue thing on top are not baby things, but yarn.



Above the window we hung a ceramic piece up that a friend of mine gave me. She knows I'm not religious but its very fitting since we both have angels, and I'm sure they both will watch over Emilie ;) So it is sweet to have :)


Then we have the wall when you first walk in. Which of course is sporting the crib. The car seat will soon be installed in the car. There are still misc baby items in the crib that need homes. Like my birth - one year picture frame, etc. There also is a car mirror in there which will be installed when the car seat is.
The different stuffed items on the wall came from a fellow IC sufferer. She and I are due close to the same time and swapped gifts awhile back :) She sent me the sweet wall decorations and a light switch cover we have yet to install.



This is something from Kaitlin's days. My mom embroidered this. I REFUSE to use it! Way to much time has been put into it for it to get stained etc. It's in reality Kaitlin's blanket which she had no idea Kaitlin wouldn't be making it when she choose the angel. It's even one a kind since the little angel was supposed to be blue but she made her purple for me. Nope this blanket is a decoration and not to be dragged on the floor ;)

Not sure what I will do with the second one she's been working on...lol.









As you can see we are back at the door, so the room isn't all that big, but it will work :) The rocking chair is from my early years. My grandmother used to rock me in it and I'm fairly certain it was around before I came into the picure. It does need to be worked on, but for now it will work. It's not splintering or anything. I originally thought this would be where I would always feed the baby. Not sure now. But I have cushions on the chair and burp clothes and bibs beside it in arms reach.






This is a plate that was made for my by my mommy when I was little. When they cleaned out the cellar we came across it, and it was sent to me so I thought it was fitting to hang it up here :)














Last but not least, the tiny bit of wall beside the door. This shelf kind of houses all sorts of different things. I have the bank from the shower, lights, frames, stuffed things, bath toys, etc. I think this will surely evolve I'm sure with the kiddo. I might end up moving the books over to it, but for now it's good to go :)

No comments: