June 24, 2009

Cerclage is OUT!

So we are now stitch free :) Today I had a perfect NST :) The kiddo behaved like they want her to. They look for 3 accels in 20 minutes she did them in 8 min, but I had to stay on there for the full 20.

Off to the appointment.

They did the Group Strep test first and then in went the speculum. She rooted around for a moment found a stitch snip and out if came. I felt a little crampy but nothing really major. Then the question was posed, do I have one or two? Neither of us knew, lol. She looked around a little bit but couldn't find another one, partly due to the tear(s) I already have on my cervix due to tearing through my cerclage last time.

So she went to go see if it said anything in my chart while I stayed in the stirrups. They actually had to go pull it from the computer because it wasn't even in my chart. It was confirmed that I had another one in there somewhere.

She started looking around again and then asked for a longer speculum. While they were out looking for it she ended moving the speculum just right where she found it and snip out it came too.

The pain wasn't too bad. Nothing really major. I had a moment where I winced, but it was brief.

She choose not to do an exam figuring my cervix went through enough today. She also wants to avoid any kind of infection so she is waiting. I also have orders to use my AVC cream for the next few nights.

I go back for a NST on Friday and I was told to make sure baby moves alright and call if I have ANY signs of contractions, etc. She didn't even see any bleeding but said I could spot a tiny bit later. She also asked to see me early next week so we have a Monday appointment.

Ultrasound update: She has NO idea why the tech asked me if I was diabetic. Baby is weighing about 5lbs 9oz. Fluid levels look great, nothing really to report there either. Heart rate around 160.

We are still doing well and enjoying being a normal kind of pregnant woman :)

Here is a picture of the stitches!

Yes I kept them but mainly to share with my IC board gals. We keep each other informed this way...it helps going in to know more about what it looks like and whats going on than walking into your first cerclage surgery blind.

1 comment:

Scatcat said...

LOL - I totally understand your reasons, but still...ewww! LOL OK, I probably would have done the same thing :-)