June 28, 2009

A Freezer Full :)

So not that it's great food that we are going to be excited to eat, but we have food that has been premade and will easily be able to be cooked or warmed for meals. I imagine after a child arrives you really just want to eat something and it doesn't matter what it is, since it might be your first meal of the day, lol. It also doesn't mean we won't put Rossi's (local pizza joint) on speed dial, lol.

Thus far I have a meatloaf, skillet lasagna, lasagna, chili, boiled dinner, cooked boneless chicken and about 3lbs of browned hamburger. There is also a skillet dinner and three chinese frozen entree things. Our freezer doesn't have much room left for any food we might want to keep now, but eh I would rather cook fresh. Oh there is also some predone taco meat and we have lots of spaghetti sauces and pasta. I'm going to pick up more mac & cheese, couscous and anything else I think we might be willing to eat that comes from the pantry. I'm trying to do all this with my fussy husband in mind...so it gets hard to try and figure something out.

I also already told Jason that many of our first nights will probably be ordered out. Since not only do we have many places that deliver, but Friendly's and Applebees both do to go things. All the times I didn't send him out while pregnant will be used up I'm sure when I'm not pregnant ;)

Not that I'm expecting it to be too bad. I have talked to a friend who just a little one over a month ago and really other than your place gets a little cluttery and you get VERY tired, you make it. It's an itty bitty baby against Jason and I, I'm pretty sure we will win since so many have done it before us and will do it after us :) I tend to overprepare so I'm guessing I already have everything we could possily need if there were a nuclear explosion the day we brought the baby home and we all had to stay indoors for two weeks. Jason might have to learn to eat things he's not the happiest about, but I know I would live ;) Now if the internet and the tv were to go...that might be a different story :) hehehehe

So now we are just sitting back and waiting for the kiddo to come. Oh also according to Jason I need to stop putting things in the car to take to the hospital. But who wouldn't want to bring thier boppy?

OH and since it seems I haven't used on these in awhile...for your enjoyment :) Which has totally been how I've been feeling the past few days!



And after trying to find a cute anniversary outfit...I can relate to this cartoon!

1 comment:

crissla said...

You and Jason are going to do just fine. It is very busy the first week home, when you are getting accustomed to things but afterwards it slows down a bit. It is still a little busy but it is manageable. If breastfeeding is going well it will be easier than if your having difficulties. Make sure hubby gets up at least once to take care of the baby after you have fed it. You don't get much sleep when your breastfeeding. Even a few hours of rest helps you to be a happier and better Mommy. Good luck. Only a few more weeks left at the most.