June 3, 2009

A Special Gift

I've been patiently waiting for the day to see one of my little outfits be worn by someone's little baby. I had secretly hoped it wouldn't be on an angel child but on a breathing thriving little being. Although I do expect after my donations I will start seeing my outfits in pictures there too, which will also be special to me since I know how cherished what you can hold on to is.

However it's finally happened. I am excited to show you Baby Violet :) She was born if my memory serves me correctly around 26 weeks. She is now a week shy of 2 months old! I can't believe the dress still fit. Which has been the problem with most of the little outfits that by the time the preemies can wear them they have gotten too big, which also makes me happy :) Since it means they have gotten bigger and better :) Violet's dress I think came out a little bigger and a little stretchier than most. I truly just make the patterns up in my head as I go along so each dress is very different from the other, just like the preemies that they are for :)

Okay enough chatter on to the pics!!!

Here she is when she was born at a whooping 1lb 10oz:

Now at 2lbs 11oz she is sporting her first outfit :)


YAY!!! I'm so glad that she's doing so well! Con't the fight baby Violet!
This is another reason I walk for the March of Babies :)

2 comments:

Lib said...

Awe, I'm speechless

Unknown said...

This is such a big step for this little bundle. You have such a heart to make sure these little ones and their parents have something special.

You are a blessing.

Julie