June 11, 2009

33 Week Appointment

I really feel like I've grown overnight!

Appointment update:
I went alone for the first time since we had contractors here working on making our apartment not so hot! It wasn't an ultrasound day so Jason didn't miss much. I went for a NST, which was normal. Nothing wrong with my pee or blood pressure. Saw my doc and asked her a few questions.

1. How soon after delivery can we try breastfeeding? As long as the baby has a good apgar score she will remain snuggled with us for awhile, meaning plenty of time to try breastfeeding. If she needs a little "work" they take her to the warmer and then bring her back.

2. Heartburn! How to get relief !?! She suggested Malox and Pepcid AC. So I bought both to give them a try. I also did my own research and found that drinking water while you have symtoms of it NOT good. Which was my first mistake! So we will see in the next few days if I feel better.

3. How many nights do you typically stay in the hospital after birth (need to know to pack our bags)? Two nights usually but count on three.

4. Pelvic Pain? Normal? And feeling like my cervix is bruised? All normal, all good signs my body con'ts to get ready for labor as things loosen up. So nothing to worry about.

5. When will my cerclage get taken out? In two weeks! Orginally we discussed at 36 weeks which would have been in 3 weeks, but she also mentioned at 35 weeks. Since she has to go up there anyways at 35 I figure might as well do it all at once and she agreed. So YAY! I want to give my cervix all the time it needs to dilate since our new concern is it NOT dilating due to scar tissue.

Emilie's heartrate was fine during the in office check. Nothing really new to report other than the above. I'm guessing my appointments are going to become more and more boring until delivery.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Sounds like a great appointment. I am also having the pelvic pain and soreness in my cervix. Glad to hear that is normal. I have found that drinking milk when I have heartburn really helps! I love the new layout of your blog. I have no idea how to do stuff like that.