August 12, 2009

What a Night :\

So our darling child wouldn't let me put her down yesterday :\ She wanted to either eat or sleep, but wouldn't sleep out of someone's arms. Not her normal I have to say :| On top of it I am sick...super worn down feeling and the beginnings of a sore throat...so I desperately wanted to try and get a nap...not happening! Well it did sort of. I laid her down perpendicular to me on the bed. Nothing was around her except her blanket, she slept and I drifted in and out. I can't say I felt better afterwards, but it did feel good to do it at the time :) This is when we say..."she's lucky she's cute"...


Since we are headed out of town today and won't be home for her two week birthday I REALLY wanted to get her in the tub :) Which her cord has long since gone so I did :) She LOVED it! She was super quiet and didn't fuss at all until I took her out, lol. I filled the tub right up to the tippy top with water so she would be soaking in it. I'm used to washing her hair over the sink so it was a little hard to do it in the bathtub but we managed. I even showered her with the sprayer...loved it all it! She's my little my little water baby...hehehhe...no wonder I had such an urge to go swimming while preggers with her ;)


So like i said above we are leaving today for a trip north. So what did Miss Emilie do to us last night...kept us up :\ She didn't go down until 10ish, which is normal. Then woke up at 1ish, 3ish and 6ish :\ Usually she only wakes up once in the middle of the night and then again in the early morning hours. The worst though was that at 3 she didn't want to go back to sleep! I gave her a bottle and put her down then went to pump. Jason came out while I was pumping to ask where the bottle was...she was awake again...and stayed awake for I think close to an hour AFTER I was done pumping.

It's going to be a long day, since we aren't even packed yet and have a doc appointment at 10:30. I also have to stop at a store breastfeeding supplies.

Oh and now that WE have to be up...guess who's fast asleep! I know, I know ... welcome to being a parent!

3 comments:

Nicole's Journey said...

Safe travels! Hope you get feeling better, I know it will be a busy few days.

Emilie is looking so adorable, changing already in such a short time!

Scatcat said...

Hey! I can't believe she's already almost 2 weeks old!!! :-( She's soooo gorgeous! I'm going to have to come back later and read all your blogs, but I wanted to say hello & I'm thinking of you! :-)

crissla said...

Cute bath time picture. It looks like she is doing the backstroke. Consider yourself lucky that she only wakes up about three times a night. I wish X would do the same. Some nights he wakes up almost every hour. Maybe he's going through another growth spurt. Ahh... the life of a parent with a young baby. I hope you enjoy your trip.