August 7, 2009

1 week old!


So the little stinker is one week old today. I have to say having her here feels more natural than anything. Like she was always here.

Here's an update (some of it repeats from the e-mail I sent out).

We are trying to move back to breastfeeding now that the jaundice seems to be better. She's still a little yellow in her eyes, but she's WAY more wake than what she ever has been and she's very much a little stinker now :) She poops way more than she was. Jason even twittered about one of her latest ones, lol.

I JUST had my 1st encounter with projectile diarrhea. It got EVERYWHERE. I swear to god she was aiming for me.
All over me, all over the changing ttable, all over her diaper, all over the hamper, diaper pale, blanket, and a pile of clothes :(

With the breastfeeding though comes some devotion. I haven't been out of my chair for more than a few hours in the past few days. She nurses and nurses then sleeps for an hour or so, then nurses and nurses. But she's getting better at it I think and I know my milk production seems to be picking up.

In order to get more sleep at night we are using bottles at night. She knows how to do both and seemingly isn't have ANY issue with going in between them so last night we alternated. Since she's waking more frequently I get up every other time, bottle feed her and pump. If I tried feeding her we would be up for hours, where with the bottle she's up for maybe 20ish minutes and then back down :) But lately it's only for 2 hours then we repeat. Atleast if we alternate we get about 4 hours at a clip sleeping.

One set of grandparents have come and gone and the other set are on their way down as I type this. They will be pulling in later tonight just in time to see her off to bed. Jason is ready to do some UFC watching while grandma dineen keeps mommy busy while she nurses :)

We've told people if they want to visit to call and set up a time with us first. Also to be patient if we need to cancel it. It's unsure how one day will go to the next. But things are alright as of right now so we are hoping they con't to be "stable". It's a little tiring being a parent, but really I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm becoming more and more attached as the days go on :)

Last but not least...I want to say thank you to two internet gal pals who sent out gifts for Emilie :) Here she is cuddling with the bunny :) ;)

No comments: