August 1, 2009

1 Day Old

So Miss Emilie is now over 1 day old :) And look Daddy is finally changing his first diaper!! Mommy assured him it was just a peepee one :) The smirk on her face is priceless.

We will probably be in the hospital one extra night since Miss Emilie is having issues in the latching department. She is just now getting "hungry" where she wants to nurse but then doesn't stay latched since she doesn't know what to do with her tongue. So it's going to take practice. But we are working on it :) That is the only thing keeping us here. We are both ready for disharge. She passed her hearing test, and the doc has come to see her. She is 100% healthy as far as they can tell so far :) Now we just need her to feed :)

We slept alright last night. I had a hard time since I kept waking up to make sure she was breathing. Plus nurses seemed to be a constant flow :\ But that is living in the hospital I suppose.

I asked Daddy if there was anything significant about Emilie's first day and his reply was: Baby Gurgles. Upon further explanation he said...she gurggles and it's cute :)

I'm sure I could think of more, but i'm a little tired and with no TV in our room it's a little to quiet for me, lol. Makes me want to sleep even more :\

2 comments:

Melissa Weese said...

Congratulations Tiffany! Emilie is beautiful. Keep up the good work with the breastfeeding. Once your milk comes in she will have PLENTY to eat. I hope you and Jason survive the next couple days...it gets much easier after that. Good luck and keep us posted...I'm watching.

Lib said...

Yhayyyyyyy I am sooooo excited!