August 10, 2009

Just me and the baby today...

Daddy went back to work today. He's going back for Monday and Tuesday so he can take Thursday and Friday off. We were going to go north for a reunion but since Grandma Herne isn't doing so well we aren't sure of what we are going to do. We realized that in the past few years all of our trips up haven't been on the happiest of terms :\ It's a combination of me being on bedrest for months and people in the families just not doing so well. We are both hoping luck starts to change for everyone soon. But it's looking like our next trip will also not be under the greatest of circumstances.

So Emilie and I are chilling today. Mommy figured out how to nurse sitting at the computer, so she gets SOME computer time :) I know my back is not going to take much of it though :\ Still allows me to get a post up :)

So both grandparents have come to visit our latest addition. I love this picture! Ideas for the caption? Emilie's face is priceless!! I think she's saying "Who in the hell are you?"


My mother also asked for a picture of each of the girl's feet to show the difference in size between Kaitlin and Emilie. I probably would have thought of it at some point, but it was cool to see the difference and it really puts in perspective how little Kaitlin was!
Emilie looks like she has really big feet compared to Kaitlin's tiny ones :)
So daddy went back to work today, like I already said and he made sure he had a picture to take with him :)
This is his favorite. I think it's a good one. I haven't see all the pics he's taken yet to decide what my fav is ;)

Alright we are off to watch Dr. Phil and then maybe she will sleep long enough for me to clean something :)

Oh she had a really GOOD night! She slept for 4 hours, woke to eat and then slept another 5!! Way to let mommy and daddy sleep!

Oh almost forgot to talk about what she did to me last night!! So she still doesn't poop as often as I would expect. So last night I was trying to help her along by pushing her legs up to her belly, it helps them with gas too. She loves it, calms her right down. So i was doing that...all day I tried it and only got a little squirt of poop if any. And I mean a tiny squirt. Last night she decided to EXPLODE! She missed her diaper, got the bed, got my dress and my leg! I think she needs a onsie that said "warning contents under pressure!" lol. Jason had to pause his fights to come help me clean the mess up. But atleast she popped. She also now has gotten mommy and daddy :) Who needs a boy to make messes when changing diapers, when you've got a power poopper! lol.

No comments: