August 20, 2009

Getting into a routine :)

Today is a day of firsts for Miss Emilie ;) Today she didn't get a bath in the sling for the bath tub...but instead was right in the bath tub. She liked it at first...but decided she didn't later on. I think she will adapt though :) It was all new to her. Reason why...she decided when I laid her in the sling today to poop in it...so I cleaned out the tub, threw the sling in the wash and tossed her in the tub :) I think the water was a little cool to her liking. So tomorrow we will try again :)


Then my miss fussy was pitching a fit when I wanted to vacuum the floor. So I grabbed my wrap (which I need to make a longer one of) and tucked her in it. We did do it once before, but it was brief since she didn't like it. She fussed a little but as soon as the vacuum was on she just went all quiet and starred. no crying or anything! Yay :) About 5 minutes after I was done however...the fussing restarted :\


Here we are sleeping in the morning :) After a REALLY good night! We did three things differently last night and I think we are going to do them again to see if we get the same results :) We started a new bedtime routine which starts at 7:30. I massage her down with some lotion, dress her for bed, take her into the bedroom and feed her a bottle of formula while I sing :) Then she drifts in and out and each time we tried to put her in the bassinet. Doesn't always work. But she did go down around 9:30. We lay her in our bed and just kind of wait her out. If she can "see" us she tends to fuss less than if we just were to put her in the bassinet.
We also didn't run a night light in the room, so it was darker in there. And I covered her hands since she insists on having them out and they are always cold :)
(no mom I still don't put socks on her feet since she's swaddled).


Then I love her little sleeping expressions so here is video with some of them :) :)




We are definitly getting into a routine of sorts. She sleeps for 3-4 hours each day in the middle of the day. The morning is spent fussing and wanting to nurse on and off. Which gets tiring. She also wants to be held. But she only sleeps for about 15ish minutes, wakes, nurses, sleeps, looks around, etc. It's a cycle of some sort. Then she sleeps on her tummy around 1ish for 3-4 hours. When she wakes, she nurses and then the whole cycle from before her nap begins again. Especially around 6pm...she doesn't seem to like be put down, but on occasion we can get her to relax in the swing so we can eat :) I don't think she has her night and day confused since she sleeps for the longest times at night, not all at once, but up and then down...after her nap during the day she's not interested in sleeping for awhile agian. Which is kind of nice since its about when Jason comes home normally from work, so he can play with her :)

Last but not least Xavier and Cristina came to visit today :) My oh my how he has grown :) Still a cutie though! It was nice chatting :) Emilie even woke up for some of the visit :) Look at the size difference! Em is 3 weeks and Xavier is 3 months :)


No comments: