August 2, 2009

2nd Day Syndrome?


Okay I've learned in the last 24 hours to never consider your child is easy to handle until after 48 hours have passed. She was so quiet and sweet the first day. Then the second night happened. All I have to say is sleep what is that? The nurses warned us about how the second night would probably be VERY different than the first, wow were they right! She is almost like an entirely different baby! We'll make it though :)

We are home now. Tired but home. She ofcourse slept the whole way home. We are trying to make sure she gets enough to eat. We need to make a docs appointment early tomorrow morning for a weight check and to watch her for jaundice since she is slightly right now. We are also trying a new feeding technique which isn't quite what I like but it will work for now. I try to breastfeed and soothe her that way. Then I pump for 10 minutes when she is all sleeping and done. If in the next hour she wakes up rearing to feed again Jason gives her one of the bottles I got from pumping. We only did this once, but hoping it works. I want to keep bottle feeds to a minimum though so I'm hoping the pumping will increase my supply enough that she gets ALOT more when she suckles in one sitting than what it seems she gets. Plus with Jason getting to give her a bottle it's more bonding time for him :) I've been accused of hogging her already, lol ;)

Off to shower..and then to sleep a little more...

No comments: