May 28, 2009

Nursery in the Rough




















I say in the rough because I'm not 100% happy with it yet.
I do like the top shelf with the lamp and snail bank. The border is the only pooh in the room, lol. I loved how it matched my colors. The rest of the shelves nee to be changed though. I might actually use the book shelf for books in the end, lol...
I do like our changing station area...




















These shelves still need organizing. Since we don't have everything yet but they are getting closer to done. Its hard to figure out where to put things since this room has been our "pantry" for so long so right now Emilie has to share her space...but there is plenty of space to share!

The rocking chair is just fine where it is, and the rack beside it will be perfect for burp clothes and water bottles.

Then there is the crib corner. I do like her name on the wall but I feel it over powers the quilt. I might go back to my original quilt that was there, but the white of this one helps to really brighten the room up....I do have a few other wall things to use too. But I need more time and it's need to all be washed anyways.


I did accomplish two of the things I wanted to today in the nursery. I wanted to get her name on the wall and empty the crib. We read that if you put sticky stuff face up in the crib it will deter the cat from getting into it. So I taped down some contact paper stick side up ALL over the mattress. So when kitties jump in they are going to be surprised, lol :)

On a side note...miss emilie has had the hiccups all the while I was writing this post ;)

No comments: