April 4, 2009

Milestone Markers

MILESTONE MARKERS
So things are as always subject to change, but since we didn't need much more in terms of larger items I decided to buy them at each milestone we reach.



The first one is 24 weeks, which is in 3 days! YAY! This is the most important one. It means at this point they will do something to try to save the baby if she is born early. So I'm not going with the traditional boppy, this one is called the Leacho-Cuddle U. I like the aspect of being able to "strap" baby in. I can think of times that would have been helpful at the day care.


I also want to get this really cute set of teethers that has a penguin in it :)




Next big milestone is of course 28 weeks, which
At this point the baby has a 90% change of making it. We know obviously from past experience they don't always make it but, chances I think will be better this time since we haven't detected any defects yet. So I figure its a good time to get the bassinet home and set up. Also I want the cats to be familiar with it so I start hollering at them now to NOT get in it.

Along with this buy I want to get a baby photo album, Baby Einstien makes a cute one. It's durable for baby to slobber on and chew while keeping pictures of loved ones safe and sound. It will help her recognize people she doesn't see all the time this grandpas, grandmas and uncles.

Lastly at 32 weeks, when most babies survive with little to no health issues I want to get this swing. I debated for awhile over a bouncy seat or a swing. We don't have alot of room for both. This caught my eye since it's a "travel" swing, which means it folds up. Which is awesome to store it away when we don't need it out or need the extra room. I love the colors and I was trying to not buy things specific for a girl, but I couldn't resist.

Along with this one I want to start collecting more board books and specifically black and white ones I have a few favorites that I want to get, so I'm thinking I will order them with this swing.



Once bedrest is lifted I am going shopping for some pink sleep gowns and receiving blankets. I have a ton of unisex, I want some girly ones for the hospital.


Lastly this is Jason's buy :) He loves this onsie so it will also be ordered probably around 34ish weeks.
He also likes the V1.0 and V2.0 shirts that think geeks has. He wanted those with Kaitlin too, so we will be making sure he gets them :)








I'm SO excited to be FINALLY getting close to our first milestone. It should go quickly from here. It took MONTHS to get to the first one and after this they are only weeks apart, so I'm hoping this part of the pregnancy goes by much quicker. I can remember where I was at this point last time with Kaitlin and I already think things are going in a better direction. Baby Emilie will be coming home :) Oh and I am attempting to make a sling based on this pattern. I don't know if I bought the right fabric, I almost like my mock one better...but whatever. Travis might get me from one from Kyrgie too, so in the end i'm sure I will have one I really like :)

No comments: