April 23, 2009

Fun Fact & Being Sick

TRUE FACT: When a woman gets pregnant her brain actually shrinks to allow room for water retention and swelling from all of the extra hormones her body carries. Then, after birth, it actually grows larger than it was pre-pregnancy because you build more neurological connections due to being responsible for another life. So when you feel like you are losing your mind...you are!!!


Okay have I mentioned I'm sick yet? Well Jason and I are BOTH sick :\ We do FINALLY have our tv set up so we both can just relax and concentrate on just being sick. I have to say though I never thought a certain friend of ours would be so inconsiderate about it, I guess you can't always rely on those you think you can :\ But getting yanked around not one but TWO nights in a row has made Jason and I both a little upset. Which sucks for the friend since usually when we get a new piece of technology he's the first person Jay calls to share it with, not the case this time.

Oh ya back to being sick and not the part about me being bitter, lol. I can't take most of the GOOD cold medicine so I'm stuck trying to find the right combo of pills/liquids to take care of my problem. Which is a little different from Jason's. I have the temperature and the chest congestion but it also seems I also have allergies on top of it all! My nose has done nothing but run and my eyes water all day. I also won't even mention how many times I've had to change due to coughing to hard or sneezing! Under my ribs hurt from coughing and sneezing so much. I eventually after alot of coughing bring up these nasty hard chunks of green :\ But I don't mind that as much as I do the runny nose and watery eyes. I'm living on benadryl and it seems to barely cut it!!

Oh the drug they prescribed I'm no longer taking. It's horrible! It does NOTHING for my nose however makes me feel SUPER tired and worn down. And I can't take benadryl while on it so I had to suffer 6 hours until it was out of my system to take my good medicine! Oh and not to mention it's a category C drug! Which means they aren't sure if causes problems or not. NOPE not something I'm going to take and take. She said I had my choice between that pill or Robotussin, I went with the Robotussin.

Alright...off to watch Ghost Hunters for the first time in High Def on the new 46 inch Tv :) Drool. Hope I get well sooner!

No comments: