April 21, 2009

ER Trip Last Night :\

Apparently I must have partied too hard, lol ;)

Okay nothing was wrong with the baby on this trip, it was all me. I couldn't breathe!

I took my inhaler at home, took benadryl, cooled the apartment down, moved as little as possible, etc...and it just wasn't working. So we went. Not something I REALLY wanted to cap the night off with, but I was concerned I wasn't getting enough O2 to the baby.

Which apparently being pregnant and not being able to breathe gets you in the ER a whole lot faster. I think I was registered and in a room within 45 minutes, which is exceptionally fast compared to Tom's ER trip and our previous ones.

My O2 saturation was around 95ish. My blood pressure was really good (I don't remember those numbers) but my heartrate was high 98 - 120. They put me in a room and tried giving me oxygen, which was ridiculous! She gave me the nose pluggy thing and I told her BEFORE so went to get one I couldn't breathe through my nose so she told I could put it in my mouth instead...wtf? So I did, since I REALLY couldn't breathe through my nose and I felt like a moroon for doing it.

The doc ordered a breathing treatment which apparently is just a different way to albuterol into your system so no added harm to the kiddo. After one treatment I will say I could breathe better but my stats didn't seem to change, my heart rate was still high and my O2 still varied alot between 93 - 98. But I could breathe so they figured I could go home. Which I wonder if I should have or not since my lungs are still not in the best of shape :\

After the breathing treatment they check the baby's heart rate for 15 minutes. The kiddo even cooperated and moved around and showed the nurse how she could excell and decell her heartrate like a pro, lol. Her heartrate was right where it should have been even though mine wsa high the whole time. I'm a little worried about it being so high, so I will mention it at my next appointment.

Good news is that I have a docs appointment tomorrow and will see what my real doc things. Until then I am going to use my inhaler every 4 - 6 hours and take benadryl. I think I *might* be coming down with what Jason has since he was complaining of feeling things in his throat alot and now I have that feeling :\ Which couple that with my already having trouble breathing problem and I just might be screwed!

No comments: