March 11, 2009

20 Week Appointment and Ultrasound


Today went well :) There still is a spot and it's the same size, but there are not other soft markers which makes me more optimistic. The baby wasn't moving much until after the ultrasound was almost done and she was in a position that wasn't the greatest to see everything. We saw her swallow and her bladder fill :) Which is nice to see those things are working correctly. Everything was about the size it should be. She weighs about 12 ounces, about the weight of a steak ;) Her heart rate is around 158 - 160ish, which is normal. The ultrasound gal saw in two different ways we have a three vessel cord this time :) Yay! My cervix is 3.8, which is still nice and long and closed :) So it was a good appointment.

We met the new doc, that is replacing my normal doc while she is out on maternity leave. She seems nice and I think will work, but she'll never replace Kassis :) We waved off the testing again, just because really what difference is it going to make? The soft markers weren't found...i'm good with that. My uterus is where it should be, by my belly button. And according to their scale I've lost weight...but they aren't concerned. They said I must just be amoung the lucky ones who don't gain all that much while pregnant...I'll take that ;)

Now on to my favorite part...we got 3D pictures!!!

This one is not as good printed as it was on the screen. On the screen you could see her nose better and eyes, etc. She looks precious :)


This is my FAVORITE! I love the little finger being up :)


Here it is labeled in case its hard for you to read ;)
I don't think the tech realized that she showed her parts on 3d. We were more trying to get a good pic of her head :) But I think it shows fairly clearly that she's a girl!

No comments: