December 28, 2008

Trip to the ER

Okay so it was probably me being paranoid, but can you blame me? The discharge wasn't going away and it had then turned into stringy stuff, like blood clots and so my nerves just couldn't handle not knowing anymore.

So we went to the ER, last night.

We left at 9pm.
Got all checking in by 9:30.
Then waited.
And waited.
And waited.
Until 2 AM to be seen!

I was so pissed by the 4 hours mark. At one point they came out called me name, looked at me and said oh before we bring you back we need to take your vitals and left. Proceeded to call in three people after me. It was 1 1/2 hours AFTER that they got me in! Which as soon as I got back there guess what they did! Took my fricken vitals.

So after drawing blood, taking a urine sample, checking to see if my cervix was closed manually, they sent me for an ultrasound. Which found my little one squirming and his/her heart still beating away It was the first ultrasound we saw him/her look like a baby and move So that alone was worth the trip.

Then at 3:15ish they said that they believe the bleeding is being caused by the placenta forming. That when it forms sometimes it can cause bleeding and they saw a small pocket of blood in my uterus near the placenta. That things look good and to checking with me OB on Monday.

So right now I feel better knowing that the baby is okay and my cervix is still nice and closed I'm still getting a little discharge but I will be calling Kassis on Monday.

{Ultrasound Pic to be uploaded later}

No comments: