December 29, 2008

Holy Crap!

I didn't know what else to title the post, maybe WTF would have worked too.

So I called my docs office like I was told to from the ER. A nurse called me back to discuss what the problems were to see if I needed an appointment (routine). I was told by the nurse that my cervix was only 2.7, which freaked me out. She ran off to talk to doc and was going to call me back with a plan. I in turn called Jason sobbing, which he promptly left work and then I called mom sobbing. During the call with mom, I got another call from the nurse and she said that she mistakenly read my paper wrong and the cervix was 3.9cm and that the baby was measuring 2.7 crown to rump. So my cervix is still good. So my heart started beating again. However they are prescribing me Prometrium which is a progesterone supplement. It will boost my levels. Its what they normally prescribe for what they found in the ER: Subchronic Hemorrhage. I had a hard time finding things on the inet about it. I think it happens but it's just not common (ofcourse) and it all depends on the severity of it. For now it's taking pills and putting my feet up as much as possible... (here's a better site about the hemorrhage)

I just keep reminding myself it's ONE day at a time. I don't know if honestly we can keep going through pregnancies like this, it's just too much stress...


Just as a side note, the nurse that called me I LOVE, she's the woman who runs the support group and I know she's there for me. I also would RATHER it been a mistake than the truth, so instead of being upset I was relieved.

1 comment:

Candace said...

I hate to hear that you are already having to deal with issues but glad to hear the baby is doing well. You are in my prayers and I am sure you and the baby will be fine. I take Prometrium too. Good idea to take it at bed time because it makes me feel tired and yucky.