December 1, 2010

16 Months!




So I'm getting bigger and bigger. Mommy is pretty sure I hit a growth spurt this month since my clothes seem to be getting smaller and smaller and I just started wearing some of them! I'm around 22lbs and about 2 1/2 feet tall. I'm currently wearing 18 month clothes, but some of them are getting short in my middle so mommy had to buy from 24 month things.

My eating seems to be getting better. I ate carrots the other day and I do like corn. Mommy doesn't like to give me much corn though since it's not that nutritious for me, but I do get it sometimes. I still don't like most fruits, especially anything canned. I love bananas and apples. You can give me a WHOLE apple and I will eat on it, skin and all :) It's yummy yummy :) Grapes where blechy. Mommy keeps trying though...she puts that stuff on my plate and I keep throwing it on the floor :) When will she learn?





I have 6 teeth in the front, four on top and two on bottom and today there was confirmation that I have atleast one back upper molar that broke through...the other on the other side is VERY close behind it. Still no sign of any more front teeth, but there are two lower molars impatiently waiting to make an appearance.

I absolutely LOVE to do anything artsy. I love coloring, writing with pens, finger painting, watercolors, drawing with markers...it's all fun! I get VERY mad when mommy decides it's time to clean up. I know my other friends might be done, but I wasn't! Thankfully I get some days when I can just paint and draw all I want :)


My vocabulary is getting bigger and bigger. I can say...baby, ball, no, that, duck, eye, uh oh, oh, hi, bye bye, dadda, momma, elmo, mum mum, yum, cow, and down. I also know where my nose and eyes are along with my belly. Mommy thinks she funny putting me in those snap shirts and then asking me where my belly is :|

I also let mommy know when I want things. Like bringing my sippy cup to her when it's empty if I want more, or a bowl if there happens to be one out showing I'm hungry. I also know how to whine and fuss until I get something too :) I LOVE to give kisses. I pucker up and even make the kissy sound. I love kissing kitties and babies....both don't like my kisses...and I can't understand why.



I am an expert at walking and now climbing as well. I love climbing up on the couch, chairs, etc. I've even been caught on the table once or twice, but I get yelled at for being there. Kitties do to so I guess it's fair right? I'm learning how to help pick up my toys and mommy even lets me carry things around the house sometimes to help her. I still help with laundry too :) The vacuum I think is just funny and run away from it.

Mommy and Daddy are finding I am mimicking them alot more recently and I've been learning things MUCH quicker than I ever have before. My little brain just keeps going and going, next step is off to college where I will get a doctorate in
pharmaceuticals and discover the cure for cancer :) Until then I will just have to settle for learning new words and climbing on new things.

No comments: