January 27, 2009

How it all went down.

First I just want to say "There should be a law against disallowing pregnant woman to not eat past midnight when they don't even have surgery until 2pm!" (love ya dad!, hehehehe)


8:00: am alarm went off, took a shower, then I wasn't allowed to put anything on my skin or hair after that. No hairspray :\

9:00: called mom for her daily update

9:15: Jason ate his breakfast in the bedroom I think so I wouldn't be tempted :) Wasn't he sweet I didn't even tell him to do that!

9:45: We were on the road

10:15: Arrived at the hospital and went to registration

10:30: All registered and then went to sit in the lab for blood work

11:00: they take blood and ask me to pee in a cup (cause I had SO much fluid to expel, lol, needless to say they didn't get much) Was told to sit in the lab to wait for a nurse.

11:30: Nurse came and then realized I already did what they thought I didn't do so they sent me on my way

11:40: Was sitting in Kassis office for me PreOp appointment

12:00: Got called in, went from one room to another, they asked for more pee :\ Checked my weight, blood pressure, pulse, and baby's heartbeat (160). Kassis (uncle doc) came in and gave me a looksie, had his intern check my lungs and heart. Asked me for last minute questions. I asked about what my bedrest situation would be...he said modified. That pretty much any time I was just hanging around the house to be laying down. That I could go out on occasion to eat, etc. (YAY!). I also asked for another ultrasound to be done in two weeks instead of waiting the four, he gave me orders. He also had me take my antibiotic.

12:30: Got to ambulatory surgery. Had to wait they didn't have a room for me.

12:50: Got brought back to my room, room 7. Stripped down. They took my vitals and then the wait begins. At some point they sent another person down to check the baby's heartbeat. Talked to the anesthesiologist (who had me use my inhaler), many nurses, signed lots of papers, etc.

2:00: They came to get me. I put my hair in the hair net and off we went. Jason was sent to a waiting room and I was wheeled into one, lol. At some point after 2 I was wheeled into the operating room. Were they did the IV and all that jazz. They were nice this time and kept me all covered up before exposing me to the room of people while I was wake. Took the baby's heart rate again (156) Then I went to sleep.

3:00: Woke up later as they were wheeling me back to my room, no recovery room. They gathered Jason on the way.

4:00: They gave me some food, lots of water and waited for me to have to pee.

4:30: I finally peed

5:00: I was discharged.

6:00: I decided to take a Tylenol...don't know why I waited. After it kicked in I felt NO PAIN :) Yay!

And by 6:30 we were eating pizza with Tom and his parents :)

What a day :)

No comments: