July 31, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!

So a year ago today I popped into the world.

I've grown from being a mere 8ish pounds to now 20ish pounds.

I started out barely being able to hold my head up for seconds at a time, to crawling everywhere, climbing where I can and walking along as long as i'm holding something. I have taken a few steps, but I've stopped doing that for now.

I started a year ago only drinking mommy's milk or formula, and now just for dinner alone last night I had a meat stick, Italian pasta salad, and baked beans. I drink 2% milk, juice and water. I love really anything food although I wasn't to fond of ketchup when mommy offered a few weeks ago. The only thing I haven't been allowed to eat yet is peanut butter (the food not the bunny) and honey.


I came out not saying much, crying is all I really knew with maybe a few coos on occasion. Now I babble and cry daily. I like to wave and say something that is sort of in a round about way 'bye-bye". I know the words mamamam and dadadada, but i don't seem to get who's who yet. I know "that" cause i say it all the time while pointing. I understand when mommy says "Do you want a drink?" since I usually start whining ALOT more if I do! And I do know what "no" means but I choose to not remember quite often.

Daddy have graduated me from a being much like a potted plant. I almost drink entirely from just a sippy cup and have started even using a real cup. Pacifiers are only when I'm in my crib, but I'm learning even then i don't really NEED them.




I have a temper, I probably get that from mommy. But when I get mad...watch out. I slap, hit, pull glasses off, etc. But I mean if you just would listen to me it wouldn't be a problem!

When I first came home I slept at most 4 hours at a time (that was maybe once a day). Now I most of the time go to bed around 8-9pm and wake sometime after 7am. I rarely wake up now at night. I've learned to find the bottle of water in my crib when I get thirsty.



When I first born I had hair but it was just in a small tuft in the back of my head. I've grown a little more since then...and now mommy can even get it in pig tails :)

I needed to be held alot when I was first brought home. The world was BIG and scary, so I liked to cuddle. Now I like to roam free. But I have started giving hugs, especially when I'm tired. Like last night when my ear hurt me at 2 am mommy and I watched a Harry Potter movie for an hour while I just enjoyed the snuggling. (Yes I have my second ear infection just in time for my birthday :\ )




I have managed to grow at a nice steady rate. Just like when I was just turning 3 months and I had been in 3-6 month clothes for a month, I'm doing the same with 12 month things. Although they seem to be lasting a little longer. But I haven't had any crazy growth spurts that have caused me to skip a size. Mommy is hoping that in writing this it doesn't cause one since she just bought me a bunch of fall/winter things this week.





Life is pretty good, atleast that is what they tell me to say ;)


No comments: