November 26, 2008

Twas the Night Before a Cervix Check

Twas the night before Cervix Check , and all through my crotch....
My mind was racing with worrisome thoughts.
My list of questions all written with care,
I hope that the Dr will ease just one fear.

Visions of freedom dance in my head,
Will I be permitted to break free from this bed?
I hope for the best, tomorrow's unknown....
Wouldn't it be great if my cervix has grown?

When from the back of mind, there arose such a clatter
That inkling of fear, that something's the matter.
All visions of hope were gone in a flash,
Here comes the hives, a fear induced rash.

With that thought I feel a pinch where no one can see
Would that be my suture reminding me?
A reminder that it's doing its job and it’s going to hold.....
it can't work alone it needs my faith to be bold.

I put my hands on my belly, and pray for a kick,
To reassure me this baby is held safe by a stitch.
I’m reminded of all the success stories I've read,
All the babies that made it, held in by a thread.

As I ease into assurance that all will work out,
I remove all my feelings of worry and doubt.
I persuade myself to believe the stitch will hold tight!
Boring appointment Vibes to all, And to all a good night!


(borrowed this from my IC board from a very talented gal! This is what we all feel like every night before we see the doc. :) )

No comments: