February 24, 2009

Detailed Ultrasound

So we had a detailed ultrasound done today. They think it's a girl for the second time so I'm thinking we can count on it being a girl! We even have a name: Emilie. Don't know the middle name yet. We are looking at M middle names, but like always it's not on the birth certificate yet so no promises that it stays Emilie :) But for now we both really like it.

Everything looks good except (of course there is always an except it seems with us) there is a spot on the babes brain :\ The doc said nothing to worry about that in majority of the cases it's completely normal and nothing to worry about. However in some cases the spot might get bigger or cause cerebral palsy...now if we go based on our odds that we had with Kaitlin I'm thinking we are going to end up in the NON normal part of this :\ So I will post more about the spot when I can research it further.

I also have ultrasound pics that will have to wait until tomorrow.

Other than that there are 10 fingers and 10 toes and all else seems normal. My cervix measured 4.5 which means it grew, but in terms of that...if the baby wasn't putting pressure on it thats why it might have measured so long and really you can just say it's a good 3.9ish...so in short it didn't shrink :)

This also was my last appointment with my normal doc :\ I see her uncle now until she comes back.

Alright off to bed with me, it's been a LONG day.

1 comment:

Nicole's Journey said...

Stay Positive! Hugs and Prayers for you...